BY DENNIS O’GRADY
(from Taking the Fear Out of Changing)
1. Success seeks to help you become more accepting of your genuine strengths. Self-approval unleashes your best traits to be expressed in your work and family life, and in the world. How can you learn to accept your successes without panicking? here are some practical ways to learn to celebrate all your SUCCESSES.
2. SELF-ESTEEM. Being a genuine achiever means you acknowledge your strengths, hunt for your secret talents, and give your best to the world without being a braggart.
Build Self-Confidence: Learn from your failures.
3. UNDERSTANDING. Achievement means you are an intense person who expresses who you really are while staying open to growing and changing each and every day.
Build Self-Confidence: Thrieve on responsibility.
4. CHILD DRIVE. You pay attention to inner urges that speak to you about what work you love to do and what insights you have to give the world.
Build Self-Confidence: Make work fun.
5. CURIOSITY. You talk, talk, and talk some more to people to find out what makes them tick. You soak up information like a sunbather taking in sunshine.
Build Self-Confidence: Take good advice.
6. ENERGY. You maximize your energy by eating, sleeping, exercising, and working in recognition of your own special rhythms. You do what makes you feel most alive.
Build Self-Confidence: Keep your energy high.
7. SET GOALS. You dignify life with long-term goals and mark your progression toward them.
Build Self-Confidence: Choose commitment.
8. STAY FOCUSSED. You intensely focus single-mindedly on the most important tasks to accomplish, and you say, “No way!” to nifty distractions.
Build Self-Confidence: Accept self-discipline.
9. ERRORS. You make errors every day and know that if you aren’t faling at least onece a day then you aren’t succeeding. You try again to hit the mark after you’ve missed it.
Build Self-Confidence: Never accept failure as a permanent state.
10. SATISFACTION. You endorse yourself for your wins , follow a consistent set of values, and take humble pride in all of your accomplishments.
Build Self-Confidence: Feel gratified.
11. Permit yourself to be genuine achiever instead of an impostor. Real people aren’t impostors – we are the genuine article. Take the risk, and be the real McCoy!