The jailbreak tool for iOS 5.01 iPad 2 and iPhone 4S is already out
, though only for Mac users only. Just wait a lil more time for them to fix what need to be fixed.
The supported firmware versions will be:
- iPhone4S: 5.0 (9A334), 5.0.1 (9A405) and the “other” 5.0.1 (9A406)
- iPad2: 5.0.1 (9A405)
iPhone4S owners looking to maximize their chances of achieving an eventual software-based carrier unlock should be staying at 5.0. Everyone else should be at 5.0.1. If you’re an iPhone4S owner who already updated to 5.0.1, it’s too late to go back down to 5.0, but if you’re on 9A406 it is possible to downgrade the BB by going to the 9A405 version of 5.0.1 while the window is still open.
Absinthe update 0.1.2-2 (latest)
Greenpois0n Absinthe for Windows
- If the Absinthe webclip shows “Error establishing a database connection”, please go to Settings, turn on VPN and wait instead.
- Toggle VPN only AFTER Absinthe says it’s done, or it will not work.
- VPN SHOULD error and then reboot soon. If it does not, rerun Absinthe!
- If you get a strange problem, we advise you to restore your iPhone with iTunes, if you can (i.e. if you’re not on 5.0 waiting for an eventual 4S unlock).
- The OS X version of the CLI mentioned in the post can be downloaded here. It’s primarily to help us debug specific issues, but tinkerers might like to play around with some of its advanced options! More info is here.
- When jailbreaking with Absinthe Greenpois0n : Do not have a passcode set.